At Afriex, our mission is to remove the friction of sending money across borders and to level the economic playing field on a global scale. To achieve this we are building a global payment network: a scalable and usable infrastructure that integrates existing fiat and crypto payment networks, including but not limited to crypto exchanges, banks, card processors, and public blockchains. We believe that cryptocurrency will set a new standard for secure online payments, giving individuals and merchants a seamless way to transact with anybody in the world.
In this role you will...
- Lead product design vision as a hands-on designer and providing guidance for design team output, facilitating cross-functional partnerships and implementing effective design processes.
- Develop and ship design system that define Afriex and deliver these across iOS/Android and web. Look for larger patterns to make it easier to create features end-to-end: solid primitive items, types, colors and components etc.
- Work and iteratively improveon the user experience of Afriex app for both iOS/Android, primarily on mobile
- Participate in regular design reviews where you’ll seek out and incorporate relevant feedback on your designs. Drive design initiatives from conception to completion – taking ideas from inception to development with multiple iterations that take into account user feedback from usability studies and feedback
- Own the craft quality of the shipped experiences in Afriex product and grow the level of design craft in the team and org. Leading this space means you get to maintain, improve, and innovate.
- Lead and influence cross-functional product vision, champion craft and maintain a high-quality bar for shipped experiences and execute on the product roadmap
- Be a core driver of decisions to improve Afriex product quality in both short and long run while balancing customer and business needs.
- Optimally scale design resources across brand/marketing and product.
- Hire, mentor, align, and amplify the team from strategy through delivery.
- Work closely with engineers and product manager to define both the long-term strategy and the short term tactics for our products
- Collaborate daily with Engineering, Product, Customer service, and User Research
You're a great fit if....
- You possess 6+ years of professional product design experience
- You have experience designing and shipping consumer-facing experiences for web and mobile
- You possess strong UX craft, visual design and written communication — you can break down complex experiences and design with consideration for all touch points
- You have experience working in a collaborative, remote environment with, engineers and cross-functional teams
- You're fluent in Figma, Photoshop, and prototyping tools
- You're open minded
- Experience in financial services is a plus
- Your own laptop - Afriex has a Bring Your Own Device Policy (BYOD) for all roles.
How to apply and what to expect:
- Initial interview: We’ll chat with you about your background, prior experience, motivation for working at Afriex, and other introductory things. This call is about getting to know you on your terms.
- Technical interview: In this interview, You’ll meet with an Afriex team member, Investor or advisor to discuss how you would tackle various problems. We don’t expect you to know the answer to every question we might ask—an impressive technical interview might just as much mean that you asked insightful questions as that you had insightful answers.
- Final team interview: After the technical interview, we’ll let you know whether we’re interested in moving forward to a final interview where you’ll get an opportunity to talk to the entire team at Afriex. We’ll ask you more questions about your leadership and organizational experience and you’ll be able to ask any questions you still have about our culture, our plans, our upcoming technical challenges, and whatever else comes to your mind.
- Offer: After the final interview, we’ll let you know whether we’re interested in extending an offer. If we extend an offer, our team members will continue to be available for you to ask anyone any questions that might have come up for you since the last interview.
All of our interviews will be conducted over video chat.
Why work at Afriex?
- Values: We are building technology that makes a positive social impact on people around the world. We have created an inclusive and supportive work environment, where we all have the resources to learn, grow, and work collaboratively to improve the state of the world today.
- Mentorship: We believe in investing in your growth.. Especially as you begin, you will be collaborating closely with several members of our small team and we’ll work together to help you gain the domain knowledge you need to grow into increasing independence in the role.
- Flexibility: We are a small, fully remote, focused team, offering maximum flexibility and minimum bureaucracy. If you’re able to attend meetings from 11 am to 3 pm Eastern / 9 am to 12 pm Pacific, collaborate effectively, and do your work; when and where you work are up to you. We encourage you to value your life’s balance.
- Benefits: We offer a competitive full-time salary (we can also pay in crypto), substantial equity in the company, a funded bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policy, and unlimited time off.
- Impact: You will be working to solve meaningful, never-before-solved challenges with a world-class team of engineers in the fields of fintech and blockchain technology with lots of room for creativity and invention… and we’re excited to learn from the unique insights that you will bring.
Afriex is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.